What can happen when you owe Canada Revenue Agency for unpaid taxes?
- Set off: The government can re-allocate any payment of benefits to you and apply them towards your outstanding tax debt. So payments from GST Tax Credit, Trillium and other benefits can be used to reduce or pay your tax debts.
- Garnishment: Canada Revenue Agency can seize funds from banks, other third parties and your wages to satisfy tax debts.
- Seizure and sale of your property: Canada Revenue Agency can put a lien upon your home (or other large assets), and if debt is not satisfied seize the property and sell it (it is also important to understand that a bankruptcy will not discharge a lien against property)
- Holding a third party jointly responsible: Canada Revenue Agency has the ability to hold third parties such as related corporations, spouses and other partners liable for your unpaid debts.
Thanks For Trerating Me Like A Member Of Your Family | Jan 8, 2016
I want to thank you all for the quality and service that got rid of my stress and pressure throughout the procedure. While knowing that I wasn’t alone, you also taught me how I can manage rest of my life without falling into the same mistakes. Again, thanks to all of Paul J. Pickering family for treating us like a member of their family.
Everyone In Your Office Is So Kind And Helpful, Thank-You. | Dec 08, 2015
Thank-You so much for all your sound financial advice, understanding and non-judgmental attitude and support that has helped me so much throughout this bankruptcy process. I can’t even describe the freedom I feel now that I have stopped and addressed my financial issues. I did not realize how much I was affected by the letters and calls from the collection agencies until I felt the freedom of not getting them. Everyone in your office is so kind and helpful, thank-you. I would not hesitate to recommend your office to others who are in challenging financial situations.
“We started this business in 1990 to provide one on one financial solutions. We are here to help you through your solution with dignity, respect and the highest confidence in your future.”
– Paul J. Pickering CPA CA CIRP LIT
Paul J. Pickering and Associates Limited (formerly Paul J. Pickering Limited) was founded in 1990 with the ideas and thought of helping individuals deal with personal debts and the process of financial rehabilitation.
Paul Pickering graduated from the Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario in 1976. In 1980 Paul received his Chartered Accountants designation and his Trustee licence in 1988.
While working for a national insolvency firm, Paul saw the need of providing financial services on an individual basis without the structure of a large imposing firm. On November 1, 1990, the firm was born.
Since 1990, the firm has continued to provide one on one service to London and area. All facets of the Bankruptcy process or Proposal process are conducted within the office. Unlike other firms, we do not use contract facilities to provide the counselling required under the legislation.
All consultations are free of charge because we encourage people to understand the process. We leave the decision to the individual as to how they wish to resolve their financial situation.
Our goal is to treat everyone facing financial difficulty with dignity and respect.